Keeping The Faith

They say I seek after an Africa that may never be found, but I seek it nonetheless. And though the finish line may seem beyond sight, I will run the run towards a better Africa. With the spirit of a Zulu, the grit of an Olulumo and the resolve of a Maasai, I run the race towards the unity faith, peace and progress that has eluded the land and the people of Africa since the birth of slavery, colonialism and neocolonialism.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Trapped in the Night

Life has afflicted me with darkness.
I am trapped in the night
I swing my axe on the shell of morning
with every ability in me.
But I am teased by the moon,
my heart leaves out a beat when a star twinkles afar
and fireflies only feed on my peace.
Crickets don’t chirp but laugh
frogs don’t rib-bit but scoff
bats run into me, battering my wisp of faith
I have parted ways with sleep,
the night air wears the scent of death
I won’t even risk a blink.
The nut of dawn I smack to crack
and the silent night is least disturbed

No comments:


Custom Search